Thursday, March 31, 2016

THE CHURCHES OF RIZAL PROVINCE

           The fourteen churches of the province of Rizal in the Diocese of Antipolo featured here were visited on three different occasions. The first visit included the  parish churches of Taytay, Tanay, Pilila, Jala-jala, Baras, Morong, Cardona, Binangonan, Angono and  Cainta. Pictures of the Balaw-balaw Restaurant in Angono where we took our lunch are also included here.  On the next travel we visited the Cathedral Shrine of the Our Lady of Peace and Good Voyage of Antipolo.  We also went to the valley of Antipolo in Old Boso-boso, San Jose, Antipolo to visit the Nuestra Señora de la Anunciata. This place was abandoned in the early part of the twentieth century as the place was planned to be converted into a dam which did not materialize. The old church was later renovated and became a parish. Then we went to the  Regina Rica Pilgrimage site along Marcos Highway in Sitio Aguho, Sampaloc, Tanay. The Our Lady of Aranzazu in San Mateo Rizal being on a different location was visited separately.  


ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST CHURCH, TAYTAY, RIZAL
Founded: 1579







The tabernacle standing separately near the altar.








SAN ILDEFONSO DE TOLEDO PARISH CHURCH
TANAY, RIZAL
Founded: 1606








Carved bas relief of the Stations of the Cross.










STA. MARIA MAGDALENA PARISH CHURCH, 
PILILA, RIZAL
Founded: 1590












ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL PARISH CHURCH, JALA-JALA, RIZAL
Founded: 1882





A garden by the side of the church.





ST. JOSEPH PARISH CHURCH, 
BARAS, RIZAL
Founded: 1605




Having no ceiling old the wooden trusses are clearly displayed.











ST. JEROME PARISH CHURCH, 
MORONG, RIZAL
Founded: 1586






Side entrance to the church. 





OUR LADY OF THE HOLY ROSARY PARISH CHURCH, CARDONA, RIZAL
Founded: 1872












ST. URSULA PARISH CHURCH, 
BINANGONAN, RIZAL
Founded: 1621







Old wooden trusses still used. 





BALAW-BALAW RESTAURANT, ANGONO, RIZAL










ST. CLEMENT PARISH CHURCH, 
ANGONGO, RIZAL
Founded: 1933










OUR LADY OF LIGHT CHURCH, 
CAINTA, RIZAL
Founded: 1760











The Pastoral Center of the parish. 





NATIONAL SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF PEACE AND GOOD VOYAGE AND CATHEDRAL CHURCH, 
ANTIPOLO, RIZAL
Founded: 1578









NUESTRA SEÑORA DE LA ANUNCIATA PARISH CHURCH
OLD BOSO BOSO, SAN JOSE, ANTIPOLO
Founded: 2004








REGINA RICA
Marcos Highway, Sitio Aguho, Sampaloc, Tanay.


         Regina Rica stands for Regina Rosarii Institute for Contemplation in Asia. It is run by the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosarii.  It is a fast becoming popular  site for pilgrimage and prayer. The centerpiece of the place is the 71-foot statue of the Our Lady of the Holy Rosary. There is also a big chapel, Stations of the Cross, Columbary and Ossuary and other facilities like organic gardens, candle stands, Koi pond, flower gardens, Kakahuyan and Sunflower trails and picnic tables and gazebos. 

















DIOCESAN SHRINE OF OUR LADY OF ARANZAZU
SAN MATEO, RIZAL
Founded: 1596















No comments: